Friday, June 3, 2011

Mothers Day!

Today on BakeBoss...


Sorry this is a late post, but HEY, I've been busy... making cakes. But anywho, it was Mothers Day, and one of my Ma's favorite things in the world is Blue Willow and tea, so I decided, "Hey! Mush those two together and botta-bing-botta-boom! you got a blue willow teacup!"


So I used vanilla cake and out it in a glass mixin' bowl, then I put it in the oven. When it came out it was just like a teapot! I even had enough over the top to make a saucer!    


Then I covered it in vanilla frostin' and covered THAT with fondant. Then I took some blue food dye in a paintbrush/pen and made some pretty designs. It looked great! So I did some more designs on the saucer, added the handle, and BOOM! It was awesome. But there was still something missing...



Then it hit me. It was as if a little bird told me. TEA! It's a teacup so it needs some tea, eh? So we used some meltable chocolate and caramel, then put it in the microwave, then to the cup! It looked just like tea! Then my Ma added the finishing touch of cream. It looked great! 


1 comment:

  1. It WAS awesome!! This was one of the neatest cakes I have ever seen! Even on that other show.... what's the name of it? I think the guy's name is Buddy or something like that... I love you sweetheart. Your paintings were amazing! ~Mom

    ReplyDelete